Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I locked myself out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all,

I've standardized our naming scheme for the computers on my network and I'm in the process of changing the names--remove the computer from the domain, remove old computer account from AD, add new computer account with new computer name to the domain, add computer back into domain. One thing I've found along the way is to confirm that there's a viable administrative login on the local machine. BUT, apparently what I thought was my local administrative account (yeah, on MY computer) isn't working. Thusly, I have locked myself out of my computer. Is there a way to gain local access on a computer so I can reconnect it to my domain?

Sheesh.

Joe Brouillette

is a link to a boot floppy writen inlinux that should find and reset the password for you (it tells you admin account and offers to set it) read the readme it can kill the os (i have used it many times without this happening but they say it can. If this doesnt work for you try ($699) winternals which will also do lockpicking on sam database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back