Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I loaded IE WebBrowser 7 and now the VB6 WebBrowser is not available

Status
Not open for further replies.

estatefacts

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
I loaded IE WebBrowser 7 and now the VB6 WebBrowser is not available. I get this message in the form log:

Line 53: Class SHDocVwCtl.WebBrowser of control WebBrowser1 was not a loaded control class.

What's up?

Thanks

Sorry no help with your problem, but curious: what is a VB browser?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I hope I was clear but there is a component in VB6 that allows you to open, navigate and manipulate a Windows internet browser inside of a form in VB6.

No problem with the question! I never knew the control existed (I do mostly database programming). I snuck away and did a quick Google on "VB browser" and got a ton of hits, but the top four or five I looked at didn't address your problem (but still might be worth your time to try).
I suspect that the old control specifically referenced
IE6. Not sure if Mr. Gates is still supporting VB6 as a legacy product or not (a shame if not), but if he is, there should be an upgrade to the control or .dll available.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

>Not sure if Mr. Gates is still supporting VB6

It ain't dead yet ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back