Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE. CAN SOMEONE SEND ME THE THREAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLBurden

Technical User
Jan 25, 2003
US
I read somewhere in the forum that when you click on one field, it goes to another field and add a backgroun color to that filed or flag it or something on that term. Example: click or fill in a date close date, then the status field light up with a different color. Not putting any information in the field just highlight to another color. I have search all the way backe to June of 2002, I just cannot find it.

I also just recently read in a thread about refresh and requery.

My requery or refresh is not working on my control source anymore. I know to go to a Before or After Update, or Exit or Enter Event, on my text or combobox - and list my macro that I want to take place when I enter that field on my form it should read that macro do an update.

I have done this a thousand times, but for some reason it is not working anymore. I have to actually get out the form, go to the query and click on it to perform an action.

example: I have a field called 'Time' when I enter 2.5 into this field it is suppose to update the 'Day' field with the correct information.

Any Help is appreciated, or just give a Thread to go to.

Thanks
Brenda

I'm pretty new to using access but it seems to me you could simply use an IsNull statement in the "On Current" portion of the form relating to the date field. A simple If Then statement to change the background color of whatever you want to change would be all that was needed.

You might want to try that. Like I said, I am pretty new to access and I'm not sure. It seems to me like it would work fine.

Nevermind...I read it wrong what you wanted to do.

Well, you might want to look up calculate dates, you can add to a date by:
Me!Field1 = Me!Field1 + 120 - Weekday(Date, 7)
That would add 120 days to a field. You can also subtract days.
You can change the colors of a field with vba by changing its properties:
field1.backgroundcolor = 16777215
Mark P.

I write code in cuneiform, what about you?

I didnt explain myself well, I just want to click on my close date field, after I close the ticket and have it just to flag the status field just to remind me to click the close status in that drop down box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back