Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I know I will get crushed for asking this but here it goes. 406V2 with 5.0.26 software. Hunt group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus63

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
US
I have a client that has a user that is part of a incoming hunt group. That user is Ext 222 and is moving out of state.
They turned on call forwarding and check marked all boxes (except voicemail) entered his cell number.

Here is the results:
DID rings his cell.
Transferred calls to the ext ring his cell.
Internal calls ring his cell.
Calls to the hunt group DON'T ring his cell. How do I get these call to ring his cell?

What ring type do you have and are there other members in the group?

Preferably you would use twinning, but it would require a license in 5.0.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Don't use follow me , it will cause all sorts of problems

have you ticked Forward hunt group calls

The group MUST be either Sequential or Rotary you cannot forward a collective hunt group.

Otherwise you would need to use twinning (i doubt tat the twinning license is available any more) that would leave upgrading to at least V8.0 & an upgrade licnece.
sorry just seen IP406V2 :-(

has the customer considered a VPN IP handset (Assuming they have a VCM)?

considering all the problems the alternative suggestions introduce it may be time to consider retiring the 406 & upgrading to a 500

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Ok I understand why this does not work it is the ring type of the hunt group. It is set to collective.
Sounds like an upgrade and mobile twinning.
Thanks for your help.

So if I understand correctly.
If mobile twinning is active for the user this will forward a collective hunt group call to the cell phone?

It will twin. It won't forward. You should select twin when logged out as well.

Sometimes I wonder.

A follow me to a phantom user that forwards outside would cause issues? I am actually asking more for my benefit because that is how I would try it... then again most of my customers still use analog lines *shudder*

Follow me is not intended for off switch diverts

I have seen people try it & in my experience it has always caused problems YMMV but twinning is the best option here IF the license can still be purchased.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

All our customers use Follow Me without issues, only from R6 and up you cannot set a external number.
I really do not understand the opposition against Follow Me.

Well I get that twinning might be preferred but with analog trunks that is not an option. So with analog trunks what would you do aside from a follow me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back