Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I just installed the ASUS V9280/TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDaMan

Technical User
Apr 27, 2003
US
I just installed the ASUS V9280/TD Ti4200 Graphics Card on my ASUS A7V8X motherboard with an Athlon 2200+ XP CPU running Windows XP.

I am having problems installing the nVidia WDM Video Capture. I get an error stating "this device cannot start (code 10)."

I have tried many different drivers and different ways to install the WDM capture device. still it will not work. In my device manager there is an error listed in the device driver properties. Also error code 10 can not start this device. Is it possible it has a conflict with other devices installed with Windows XP?

Also, I am confused as to which graphic drivers I should install. I only installed the ASUS Enhanced Drivers (Win2KXP43.45A). Should I install both the ASUS Enhanced Drivers and the NVidia WHQL Drivers or only one?

In addition, ASUS Smart Doctor and Tweak both cause my system to crash (screen goes blank or gets "weird"). What gives?

Please help!

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

I feel your pain. I have the exact same setup as you. Also, I have the exact same trouble. I don't use the smart doc or tweak so that I don't know about. I have tried both drivers to no avail. I also have a ATI TV tuner that is impossible to use with XP. In 98...every thing was AOK. I am beginning to think this is not an Asus or ATI problem.

Haight[peace]

well guy's looks like we're sharing a boat on this one.I'd guess its a WDM issue,still a return to 98 is not an option for me.I'm considering investing in a dedicated capture card if a solution isnt forthcoming soon ,I'd appreciate any guidance in that area.In the meantime I'm actively seeking a solution to this prob and will keep you posted.

cheers

oobenphlatch

There is alot of people having the same problems with asus video cards, for some reason, on my card (asus v6800) the video-capture only works with the nvidia WDM driver version 1.08
with other versions, i get the same error as you get...

so you should try it with that version.

Iam so Glad iam not the only one on this planet with this problem . I have tried installing new drivers old drivers installing in diff order , even tried hopping on one foot saying abc`s backwards while installing the same driver for the 5th time . I have the exact same system as DanDaMan and i dont have the option to run windows 98 . I ditched the Asus stupid doctor and the Tweak and it solved my system crash problem . My quest goes on..........

Reggie

I have an asus v9560 on a Gigabyte motherboard with a P4 @ 2.4GHz. i'm not experencing the difficulties with video capture but I do get the black outs and things DanDaMan was getting. I thought it was the "smart"doctor (which coincidently said "your VGA card is OK"....hmmmmm?) so I uninstalled this software but the problem still remains. asus have not replied to any of my mails so you guys are my only hope.

I have the same card ASUS 9280/td .
I don't think this card fully complies with WDM Video Capture .
I dont use it with WDM drivers and its always been okay in windows xp ,tweak is done by rivatuner 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back