Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I just bought an Anthlon XP 2400 wi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingyar

Programmer
Nov 3, 2001
US
I just bought an Anthlon XP 2400 with an Asus A7V8X-X mobo. I have a 350W power supply on my case right now. What kind of power supply is recommended for this type of processor? Will mine work fine or do I need to get a new one?

Any advice will be appreciated.

350W should be fine (I do hope it's a dual fan one though, else heat could be an issue for you).

Cheers!

I think my power supple only has one fan. Do you anticipate any problems? and if so what would be a possible solution for that? I do have two case fans. Would that make any difference?

Well, you can try using what you have and use a monitoring tool to watch the CPU temperature for overheating (i.e. something like SiSandra).

If heat is an issue, you might need to get a dual fan powersupply as AMD recommends.

I have a 2200+ and 2700+ CPU's and notice a large difference with the fan right at the CPU taking heat away from the area of the heatsink and sending it straight out of the case.

I would give a try and see what you can do for airflow. It's all about airflow and ambient temperature around the case. You could very well have no troubles, depending on those and other factors.

Cheers!

An Antec SL300 is a fine power supply. You might need a little more if you go to a high-end Processor and a The most powerful Video card.

This is an excellent power supply that runs quiet and cool. Some cheaper power supply's make too much heat and add to the problem, and some are too loud. Lousy power supplys just make the air conditioner run harder.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back