Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have to exchange servers set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolaas1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
BE
I want to move mailboxes from the first to the second.

Exchange 2003 Server A is the master he recieves the mail now when he should send the mail to the second server i get an error that the connection has been dropped because of configuration of exchange 2003 server B.

I can't send mails between the the servers internally and i can't recieve mails on the second one.

I can send mail from the second one because we are uisng brightmail, it takes care of incomming mails (spam and virus and the sends them to the Exchange Server A he should then deliver it to the second exchange because the test mailbox is there.

The two servers are in a in to seperatie Administration groups.

Can someone give me a clear explanation whow to make these two exchange 2003 servers communicate with each other ?

Thanx

Ps I tried with routing roups but no go.

I tried with adding it in the bridge list of the smtp connector form the Exchange Server A.

What do i do wrong ?

If they're in different routing groups you could use a routing group connector to have them send email to each other.

zbnet

Thanx but that i already tried still it is saying that the connection dropped by the remote host.

Put the ip from both exchange servers in each other relay list.

But still no go.

Ok i think i'm a little firther now,

We also have a brightmail virtual machine as smarthost.

From the moment i take the smarthost out of the config from the exchange outbound mail the mail is flowing between the two systems.

But i can't get any mail out.

Is there a way to set up a route between the two systems that let internal mail between the two exchange servers not be routed trough the smarthost ?

Problem solved.

We put the smarthost in the the default smtp server and that is something you better don't.

Instead make your routing group between the two servers.

Then create at the two servers an internet smtp connector and put the smarthost there.

Now everything is working fine.

Yeah, you never want to define the smarthost on the default virtual smtp connector. Only single-server shops can get away with it, and it bites them when they try to do a migration.

Dave Shackelford MVP
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back