Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have someone here who just got ma

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlouie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2003
US
I have someone here who just got married and wishes that her name be changed to the new last name. If I change her name in the User Manager (NT) on the PDC and then rename her current mailbox in Exchange Server 5.5, will all her email stuff still be intact? Or should I export her file to a pst and then import it back in? Which is easier?

Thanks in advance,

Jayson

Should be fine to simply chage her name. Exchange users the users SID(?) not just here name in User manager. Just be sure to change her e-mail address on the tab in Exchange Admin. It wont automatically change for you.

Hope that helps.

Matt
USMC

Aye,

If you need to create a new login name, just create a new one, delete the old and then under her mailbox properties change the user account it is tied to.

Changing the name of the mailbox shouldn't cause you any problems, we've had to do it a few times around here.

You may want to also make sure you have her old smtp email address and new smtp email address defined under the email addresses tab from Exchange Properties of the mailbox. You can bet she will probably have users who will be sending email to her maiden email address as well as her married email address. So in SMTP you should have these 2 email addresses.

I got that part covered. Thanks for your input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back