Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have created a large OCX that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaEvans

Programmer
Mar 8, 2001
US
I have created a large OCX that is basically a user interface. I had to do this so I could use it in my own shell and so that another developer could use it too. There are many, many pieces to this OCX, and the install program for it was obnoxious. In order to get it to the other developer, I gave hims a "stub," an interface really; all of the properties and methods are there, but no code. The non-intrinsic controls were removed for simplicity's sake. When a customer gets his shell, we'll just "upgrade" the OCX to the functional version without making the other developer recompile his code... at least that was the plan. When I try it from an NT station (not the development computer), I get the error message:
"You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality."

(Wouldn't it be nice if it told me what wanted the license and what functionality it's denying me? *sigh*)

I got a test development computer and made a simple shell to test and got the same results.

On the computer that's giving the error message, my shell program with my complete OCX is installed and working fine - so the OCX is not missing a dll or whatever.

Also, I tried it on a Windows 2000 machine and got a different error message:
"License Agreement Error
File LICENSE.DAT not found. License agreement cannot be completed."

I know that I used some purchased controls in my OCX, but I've gone through them all and installed them on the test development machine, and I still get the errors. I include all the components and references that are in the real developement environment, and get the same problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your time
~Melissa

Hi!

I have had similar problems when trying to load and OCX into my toolbox. There are some controls that for some reason will not work unless you are using the VB ^ Enterprise Edition. I assume you are using the Professional Edition (as am I).

That's the only thing I can think of here. Even though you created the OCX some of the functions may not be available to your version.

Sorry ... that's all i got for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back