Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have an merlin messaging v1 system and on one of my phones, the message light doesn't light up 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglascoe64

Technical User
Mar 20, 2016
US

On one of our phone extensions, when a voicemail is left for him, the message light will not light up to let him know he has messages waiting.

I would suggest a SELF TEST of the PHONE.

Press INTERCOM
Press SPEAKER
DIAL *00,

All LEDs should light up and a loud sound will play.

To get out of SELF TEST, pickup and then hang up the receiver.

If it doesn't light with SELF TEST, the set is bad.

If it does, then we gotta see what is really keeping this from working.

But, I would start with the self test.

I know its working because I can dial #53 and the extension number and it turns it on but then it won't go off unless I dial #*53 to turn if back off.

Hey, it didn't but now I changed it and told the system it had a phone and now it's working. I think it started back several weeks ago when I had to replace the voicemail board and evidently forget to reprogram this extension.

Thanks you!!

If a mailbox is marked as No Phone, transfers from the auto attendant go directly to the mailbox instead of transferring out to the phone and covering back to the mailbox, and since there's no phone, there's no need to light the light!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back