Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have an CS1000 M FNF that has system wide static.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NortelMelo

Technical User
May 16, 2016
US
This static began after I had to INI the system. Its on Rel 6 CPIV. I have isolated traffic to Ring 0 , clock 0. So far no static. I am going to swing clock 1 in first and if there is no static then swing the traffic to ring 1 and see what goes on.

But before I do anything like this, I would like to know how to do some of the diagnostics I saw in the NTP. I am just not sure how to set things up properly to do this and also need to know if this can be done during the day or will it affect anything on the other ring. I am assuming no but need to verify to make sure. Any assistance would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

What clock controllers do you have? If it is the new ones I believe the NTRB53 you may try force downloading that clock controller. I would not do any of this during business hours. I believe there was also some defective clock to fiji cables produced.

KCFLHRC,
Thank you the reply! I will check on the cables I have and I will also schedule after hours work so I can try the clock down loading. I do have the NTRB53 clock controller cards. I assume I can download the clocks in load 39 as well?

Best regards!
Nortelmelo

KCFLHRC,
Thank you the reply! I will check on the cables I have and I will also schedule after hours work so I can try the clock down loading. I do have the NTRB53 clock controller cards. I assume I can download the clocks in load 39 as well?

Best regards!
Nortelmelo

There are also some fiji test commands you can perform on that inactive ring that may tell you where the trouble is

Thank you for all the information you provided. Once I get the window of opportunity opened to do the work I will advise how it went.
Nrotelmelo

I found this old report below that suggested that you fit a new Global Clock Controller.

System limitations were identified with the introduction of Fiber Network Fabric (FNF) due to the two system clock controllers not being phase locked. This means that although they had the same frequency, it was not possible to switch between the two clock references without losing or gaining an unwanted clock edge. This clocking error could potentially cause bursts of 'static' noise on active telephone calls and in some case cause parts of the system to become inoperable until reset. This issue has been resolved by phase locking the active and inactive system clocks with the introduction of the Global Clock Controller.

When used with proper lengths of cables, compatible vintages of Fiber Junctor Interface Card (FIJI NTRB33AC or AD) cards, and the recommended patches, the new Global Clock Controller Card will provide solutions for many of the limitations and problems seen on the Meridian Option 81/81C equipped with FNF. Individually the parts of the solution may not resolve any limitations or issues.

The solutions introduced with the NTRB53AA can be achieved by the combination of proper lengths of cables, vintage of FIJI (NTRB33AC or AD) cards, vintage of Dual Port DTI/PRI cards, and recommended patches

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back