Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have an application (using Quickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce2002

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
CA
I have an application (using Quickreports)that was originally written in Delphi 3 with Quickreports 2. Since writing that app, I had upgraded to Delphi 4 (with QR3). My problem is now when I try to load in the old project, I get multiple errors on the QuickReports forms with the message "Error reading QRBand1.Align: Property does not exist." with an Ignore, Cancel, Ignore All option, for a large number of the components on the report. If you use the ignore option, the resulting form (and report) is pretty well useless. Does anyone know of a way to convert the report form to the newer version without basically starting from scratch? Or is there another way around it? The reports are fairly complicated, and I don't really want to get into completely redoing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,
I've never had work with QuickReports,
but maybe you can edit the .dfm, remove all the properties that does not belong the new version (.Align) and then open the form.

The .dfm has all the objects listed with the non-default properties. When removing the unwanted, Delphi assumens that the object have all the properties set to the default, so maybe it could work.

Another way is install GeExperts (for D7, I don't know if there are other versions). He has a lot of interesting features, and the possibility to replace a component with another (For example TButton->TBitButton). I've not yet used this feature, but i'ts a great product (free) and let you save a lot of coding time, so I mention it here.

Ciao,
GeppoDarkson.

Thanks GeppoDarkson, for the tip - haven't tried it yet, but I will & see what happens. What a PITA, though. The Align property no longer exists, but there is a similar one for Bands called "AlignToBottom" and the "DataSource" property for QRDBText is now "DataSet".

Anyway, I am also getting the errors "Class TQuickReport not found" and "Class QRDetailLink" not found" - any ideas where these can be fixed, or if they can?

Thanks again.

Thanks GeppoDarkson, for the tip - haven't tried it yet, but I will & see what happens. What a PITA, though. I'd hoped QuSoft would've had more of a conversion utility or something - or at least more documentation of the changes on their website. Anyway, the Align property no longer exists, but there is a similar one for Bands called "AlignToBottom" and the "DataSource" property for QRDBText is now "DataSet".

Anyway, I am also getting the errors "Class TQuickReport not found" and "Class QRDetailLink" not found" - any ideas where these can be fixed, or if they can?

Thanks again.

Sorry for the double post! I'd hoped I had stopped the first one before it went through. Too bad there's no edit feature on this board! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back