Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have an Access 97 database that I

Status
Not open for further replies.

driggels

Programmer
Jul 11, 2001
US
I have an Access 97 database that I am converting to Access 2000. When I try to perform any operations that utilize VBA I get the following message: Compile Error Can't find project or library. As far as I can tell, the VBA objects are installed. I looked in the object browser and found the functions that seem to cause the problem (string functions such as "RTrim" and "Mid"). Has anyone else ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

Sounds like you need to set the reference for MS DAO 3.6.

Open any module in the code window and select tools/references. Check on the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library and move it all the way to the top (as far as it will go; about the 3rd item from the top).

That should fix the problem.

Also, check for any references that are identified as missing. If missing, you may need to reinstall. Larry De Laruelle
ldelaruelle@familychildrenscenter.org

Open an existing module in design mode or create a new one.
On the tool bar click Tools>References
One or more of the checked references will say MISSING. You need to uncheck the MISSING reference.

Thanks for the responses. activeex.dll was indeed missing. After I unchecked it, the routines worked fine. Is there any way to make this change permanent? After I closed the db and reopened it, I got the same error message as activeex.dll was still checked. I'll also see if I can install it as well.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back