Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have an Access 97 Database (FE) t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickarm

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have an Access 97 Database (FE) that has a 97 (BE) on a server. In the database there is a procedure that tra sfers the results of a query to a text file (in a designated folder on the server) for a mail merge.

DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "qryACK", "\\sql\appel_legal\documents\ack.doc"

This function works fine in Access 97 but when I convert the FE to Access 2000 and try to run the same procedure I get the following error

"3207;Cannot Update,Database or Object is Read Only"

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error happens with the 2000 front end and not with 97?

Thanks
Phil

you may need to update the components...open the file, view the code and click on REFERENCES in the TOOLS menu, then relink the components using the updated references

hth Bastien

There are many ways to skin this cat,
but it still tastes like chicken

Bastien,

I've checked the references and there are no conflicts, I tried using different DAO references but none work.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back