Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a windows 2000 box sitting i

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfunk123

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2001
GB
I have a windows 2000 box sitting in a fully NT4 network, for some reason the SMS client software has not fully installed on it. The systems management icon is in my control panel but nothing else (the component status is not installed for some of the components) is there anyway I can install the client agents manually (remote control in particular).

any help would be greatly appreciated

Assuming that you've already tried the repair, refresh & update sites buttons under the sms icon. The next thing you can try, is run the 20clicln.bat with the /scrub switch, on your w2k machine to completely remove the sms client software.

Then go to the following path on one of your logon points\smslogon\x86.bin\00000409\ & run smsman.exe which should reinstall the whole thing from scratch.

If this doesn't work you've got some deeper problems, try to post with more details about the PC & site setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back