Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a user that keeps locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

magbag

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
I have a user that keeps locking up in word. (It will freeze the whole pc). We currently run Office Xp 2002 standard edition; with all of the latest service packs. We have had a lot of issue with office XP but most have been resolved. Any answers would be helpful

is this is the only user who makes this ,,
I mean , if you logged with another user ,, does he face the same problem ?

Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

No it happens intermittently firm wide at no given time? I could kill her profile it’s 110 megs?

or you can create a new user to her , and copy her profile to this new user

Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

The profiles tend to corrupt in Windows 2000 and XP, reason unknown. It does not happen often.

The best way to cure it is log on as Administrator, delete the users profile and then get the user to log back on so that the profile is recreated.

Tried and tested and worked.

I deleted her profile. I monitored her situation though out the day & her pc seemed to be stable. Word is not locking up. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back