Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a set of coordinates and a video - how do I combine them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christheprogrammer

Programmer
Jul 10, 2000
CA
Hey All!
I have a set of latitude/longitudes and time which were recorded by a GPS device at the same time an ROV was taking video. So now I have the video and the text file with lat/long/timeIndex here in front of me.

What I want to do, is create a graph of position and then have the screen split into 2 sections, one with the video and the other with the graph which will have a little moving blob showing the position the video is currently at. Know what I mean? The two videos should be synchronized.

Anyways, I have Adobe Premier 6.0, After Effects 5.5, Illustrator 10, Photoshop 7.0 (and am pretty new to all of them)

Any help or direction at all would be gretly appreciated!
Thanks & Cheers Life is like a box of chocolates, sweet

ChrisTheProgrammer,

It seems like either AfterEffects or another animation software (e.g. SWISH) might be capable of sequentially displaying yor blob, the problem is that AfterEffects isn't a GIS software (I don't think) and won't be able to use your coordinates.

An alternative would be to acquire a piece of freeware called ArcExplorer. I believe this version will allow you to upload the coordinates as a DBF file, then open a View, Add Event Theme, and display the coordinates. Once you have an idea of what the trajectory is supposed to look like, you ought to be able to reproduce it in AfterEffects. If you want more information on ArcExplorer, write me at: ericvdg@mindspring.com.

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back