Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a question about an audio codec for an .avi video file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbiwicked

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
US
i recently downloaded a movie and it is in .avi format

i have had no problems in the past watching these movies

i use the DivX player program and i also have windows media 9 series
i can see the movie and it plays through fine, but it says that i need a different sound codec to listen to it

the error message reads:
The video file you are opening includes audio data that is not recognized by the DivX Player.

The file contains the following type of data:

Audio data: Tag 8192

You may need to install a new audio codec on you computer to listen to the audio. You can either stop playback now or watch the video without the audio.

im not sure where to find this codec and/or how to use it

i would appreciate any information

Try a program called AllPlayer. It doesn't rely on Windows Media Player codecs. If you play a movie that uses a codec that you don't have, AllPlayer will tell you what codec you need and prompt you to download it automatically. You can get it here:

So far, I have yet to stump it!!

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
[tab]- A. Einstein

I forgot to mention that if you're like me and have grown to like the player you already have installed, AllPlayer is still great to have because after you download and install the missing codec, the other players on your system will be able to use them.

cdogg-
i need a codec called AC3 AUDIO

i found the homepage....it is
but im not sure exactly what to do with this
i tried AllPlayer...it didnt work...it sent me to a webpage that didnt show up

im not sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back