Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a problem Partitioning My HD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwilko

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
GB
I have a Maxtor 20 GB hard drive when I try to Partition me Hard Drive with PartitionMagic 6.0 I get an error that says that there is a problem with my Disk Geometry
the info the Partitioninfo give me is

Info: Begin C,H,S values were large drive placeholders.
Info: End C,H,S values were large drive placeholders.
Actual values are:
0 0 80 0 1 1 0C 4961 127 63 63 40013505
Error #109: Partition ends after end of disk.
ucEndCylinder (4961) must be less than 1024.

Can anyone help me with this problem
Thanks

I'm not too familiar with Partition Magic, or PartInfo for that matter, (I have them, know what they are, used them a couple of times... )

What you're not specifying however is what kind of system you're setting up that hard drive on. An older system will not recognize large partitions.

Please be a little more specific, and I'll see if I can think of something... (or someone else will).

Sounds like the BIOS is not in the proper addressing mode - should be in LBA (Logical Block Address) mode - not Large. Your mileage may vary...

Realm174
I have a
Intel Celeron Processor 400Mhz
192 SDRam
3.01GB HD
20GB HD
Windows Ver: Windows ME 4.90.3000
BIOS Ver: Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS Date: 1998

More info on my HD: 20GB Maxtor 541DX (5400)

Hope This info Helps

DinoSnake
I will have A look at the tonight

I Have had the drive working fine but when I wanted to put More partitons on it Partition Magic said it couldn't because the disk the problem on My Disk Geometry

I have downloaded MaxBlast and it says that My BIOS doesn't support a drive that Large.
I think that A BIOS Update Might fix this Problem

I have Vig67m ATX Motherboad The Bios Number Is 2A9JM49i44olx-W977-2A69JM49C-00
Where Can i get I BIOS Update

Thanks For Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back