Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a problem like this: The da

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondi

Programmer
Sep 10, 2003
AL
I have a problem like this:
The data set that I use in my crystal report, has different tables. In the first data table, <TRANSPORTS>, I have a data field, <TRANSPORTS.TRANSPORT_CODE>. This is the data field that is known. In my report, I have to display a data field that is from a different table, <SENDERS> which is not linked directly with the table <TRANSPORTS>.
<TRANSPORTS> is linked with the table <TRANSPORT_SENDER> by using the field <TRANSPORT_CODE>. The table <TRANSPORTS> is linked with the table <SENDERS> by using the field <SENDER_ID>. From the table <SENDERS>, I have to display in my report the data field <CUSTOMS_NUMBER>.
How should I do that? Perhaps just dragging the <CUSTOMS_NUMBER> field in the report from the Field Explorer?
I am using Crystal Reports for .NET

Which version of Crystal? Just dragging the field should work, but only if the records are linked correctly.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Have you linked the table using the visual linking expert yet?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

mondi

From what you have said you have your tables linked so that

<TRANSPORTS>
links on <TRANSPORTS.TRANSPORT_CODE> to
<TRANSPORT_SENDER>

You have then said that

<TRANSPORTS> I assume this should be <TRANSPORT_SENDER>
is linked to
<SENDERS>.

As long as this is true then there will be no reason why you can t do what Madawc said.

Lewis
United Kingdom

Thank you for your answers. The tables are linked with each others but for the moment I can't test my report, so I wasn't sure if just linking the tables, would be the solution of my problem. When I'll test my report, then if I will have any problems, I will tell you again.
However thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back