Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a percentage metric that cal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmich

Programmer
Aug 10, 2003
CA
I have a percentage metric that calculates SUM(fact1) / SUM(fact2) and formats results as ‘XXX.XX%’. If both facts equal 0, the display value on the report should be ‘0.00%’, but if fact1 > 0, and fact2 = 0 the report should show ‘100.00%’. Now the report displays ‘0.00%’ in both those cases because in the Report Editor/Data/Report Data Options/Display/Null Values I have specified ‘0.00%’ for “Set the value to be displayed in the reports when there is an empty value in the data as a result of the cross-tabulation process”. Do you know if it is possible to have different displays as I stated above? Thank you in advance for yoy help.

What version of the product are you using, there are diffences between various 7.x products with the null value setting. Early versions are on a project level, later versions are on a report by report basis.

another way to do it is to place the M1 on your report. Use thresholds to alter what the percentage metric looks like based on M1.

spood, I use the version 7.2.1.
nlim, thank you for your input. By using thresholds I've got the wanted displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back