Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Nortel ICS 6.1 system With 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealKMK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2009
US
I have a Nortel ICS 6.1 system With three VOIP lines provided by comcast. Last Friday 2 of the lines went dead. I can select them on the T-7316e but there is no dial tone on line 1 or line 2. Line 3 works fine. I checked the Comcast modem and there is dial tone coming out from the modem to the 66 block. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

swap line 2 & 3 on the 66 block
if you have dial tone on 3 then you may have a bad card

Thanks for the response. Called my vendor and he suggested that one of the amphenol connectors came loose and needed to be reseated. reseated the connections and Lines 1 & 2 came back up. All this stress over a loose connection. Thanks again. this site has been a life saver on many more occassions.

I was going to suggest earlier that it may be a loose connection, but I was too busy to write. I've had the same problem on my BCM, even with a RJ45 breakout kit, and the line stopped working because the CO line wasn't pushed in all the way.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back