Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Netware 6 machine that kee

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsamples

MIS
Apr 30, 2002
US
I have a Netware 6 machine that keeps locking on me. In fact it has locked on a daily basis ever since I install NW6 on it. I've replaced everything (mem,nic,vid) and added nw6sp3e but it still locks up and needs rebooting.

I am now going to replace/Upgrade the MB and CPU. Has anyone had this problem on fresh install of NW6? Second, are there any "gotchas" I should look out for in replacing the MB and CPU?

as far as my experiences in netware6, don't replace any hardware such as RAM, CPU etc. as this will cause you another issue. have you tried to use other cd or media kit? if you have time you may want to download the Netware 6 SP2 overlayed CD/ Consoladated Packs from download site of novell.com. I had time problem before, but what i did is use other netware cd and it works fine.

Good Luck!

Noel Lee CATSRI,CATSE,CNS6.5
Network and Systems Engineer
ITS, Philippines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back