Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Micros Workstation 6 which

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darranadam

Technical User
Dec 13, 2021
GB
I have a Micros Workstation 6 which has been locked out of the bios because somebody changed the usb settings which means I cant use a mouse or keyboard to access it. Does anybody have the bios flash files so I can reflash the bios. Thanks

Lovely situation but to reflash the bios you need to boot from an usb stick and if the usb ports are all disabled there is no chance to change the boot order...
I am not sure if the workstation can boot from an usb stick ?

Thanks for the replies I never thought about the fact I would need the usb to boot to install the bios doh! I cant believe the bios would have a setting that renders the machine useless? I have 3 machines in total which I think are 610s the other 2 need flashing with the latest bios to update them to windows 10 so still would appreciate the files if anyone has them. I have tried the reset button on all 3 machines and nothing happens so if anyone could help with either how to get back into the bios with the usb disabled and if the reset button can be switched on or off via a jumper or switch? Much appreciated

contact me on my email so i can send you the BIOS

Cherifbj@gmail.com

Did you try the USB PORT in the Stand ? you see it when you attach the power cable.
Two Pictures.
in the BIOS of a 610 i can only disable the USB Ports on the panel.

to not completely locked out I tried the following.
If I disable USB 12v/2/3/4 the USB Port in the stand is working.
If I disable USB 1 the USB Port in the stand is working.
It looks that this USB Port is on a different controller and can not be disabled.

Specific for 625&655 the Touchscreen is working in the Bios

I'd just like to thank you all for your help especially chrifbj for going above and Beyond and POSkitchen for his input I have now solved all the issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back