Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a hug Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsaemdi

Technical User
Jan 25, 2002
CA
I have windows xp and i loaded litestep and boom now my taskbar and all my short cut won't display on my wallpaper my desktop folder is the only thing that loads so i can use my programs but like i said i have no taskbar thus no start menue and i can't right click on my desktop and go to propertes all i have is wallpaper and my desktop folder it's almost like something is turn off i too out litestep but still the same i reinstalled winxp still the same i'd rather not format my drive if i don't have too.So if anyone has any advice i would be a great help.Thank You.

If you can use your programs then you can get to your c: drive correct? If you can go to the following folder :
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\ and double click on rstrui.exe ( this windows restore program) now it may will be in another folder in XP, but this is it in ME. You want to restore your computer to a earlier date. That should put all back in order
Shawn P that's me

sorry but xp doen't have rstrui.exe file but thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back