Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a form that won't open from a command button 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

melaniews

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
This one form, when attached to a command button, does not open. Other forms work fine.

It kind of freezes. I get a window button on the task bar but no window actually opens. I can right click and close that window. Restore or maximize brings up part of the window.

This form opens fine when I double click it. This only happens with a command button or on the switchboard.

Is there any recordset action going on when it opens from the command button? What differs when it's opened via the button vs opened from the database window? If something else is going on in the process, you may wish to use DoEvents after DoCmd.OpenForm... or in the form's Open or Load event, depending on where the other stuff is happening.

Bingo!! I had a restore macro attached to the on open event. I took it out and it works. Now can I add Doevent to the procedure and put it back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back