Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a form that has two buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

atadbitslow

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
US
I have a form that has two buttons for the user to choose how to sort the form. Behind the buttons are two different macros--they use the setvalue action to set the recordsource of the form to two different queries depending on the sort choice. The queries ask the user to enter a starting date to sort from......my problem is that the box that pops up for the user to enter the start date, pops up twice! I have the same form and queries in A97 and it works fine, but seems like something in A00 is causing it to happen.....

Any ideas??

Thanks! Excuse my confusion....it's only temporary......

You migh be using parameter query that asking the parameter.

You better set the parameter in the form and asked the form to requery.
Sory I do not so clear about your problem.

I've had this happen to me before as well. I placed the input for the sort date (in your case) on the form itself. Then, in the query, I reference the input box on the form. In the criteria field for the date, for example, [Forms]![frm_FormName]![FormFieldName]. I don't know why, but this worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back