Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a Definity G3R of version R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

snavalgund

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I have a Definity G3R of version R6 load 246........ i have 9 EPN's on it and also 3 announcement boards... my problem is that i am unable to record new ANNOUNCEMENTS....
I have done the following things

System... Critical Reliable

Console permission given to the Recording Extension.

New announcement number created with PRO as n

The procedure used is Code + Announcement number + 1 --Beep

What happens is when i dial the code and the announcement number i get ambulence tone...... This has become very cricital to me... there is plenty of storage space in the card......ALso for info the system has not been switched off on even any kind of reset given in the last four years...I have run various test on the announcement board and all have passed. No errors or alarms of it recorded.

THis is a critical site with 5 Survival EPN's of the 9 EPNs.

The entire system is of Critical Reliability.

Rq urgent attention... also let me know if more details is required to help you all give me a solution.

Thnx Shridhar Navalgund

It may sound obvious but if you go to "disp feat" and double check the access code for recording announcements. Also double check that the extension you have set with console permissions is actually the extension you think it is, someone may have swapped the leads? John

It may sound obvious but if you go to "disp feat" and double check the access code for recording announcements. Also double check that the extension you have set with console permissions is actually the extension you think it is, someone may have swapped the leads? Also Im not sure about Tenant Partitioning being a possible issue as Ive never used it but if you have that active on a system of your size it might be worth checking? John

Also check the Announcement#(ch ann.) you are using is not protected..

:)

Sridhar

is the system using VAL announcement cards.Pls check the announcement card type.VAL is the new version of the announcement cards

Nagesh

Thnx for all that .... i gave a power on restart and the problem got resolved..

Thx for all that Shridhar Navalgund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back