Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I have a customer that has a Panaso

Status
Not open for further replies.

puss1946

Vendor
Jul 3, 2014
US
I have a customer that has a Panasonic phone system and I am changing over to a basic ip 500. They have two door phones now with one using a door opener.my question is can the existing door phones be used with the ip 500 controller.

Hey,

Depends on the door phones.

If they're analogue devices then it should just be a case of patching to a POTS port.

If they're SIP then you'll preferred edition with 3rd party IP endpoint lics and users setup.

Have a look at the make and model and how they're currently connected.

Google is your friend.

PS. hopefully they're not using relays, but if they are these can also be setup as per the knowledgebase install guide for the IPO.

I could not get the units to work Will replace with vikings.
Also I entered system speed dial numbers and they will not call out.Am using #600 ect. and it grabs line one but does not dial.I also tried feature and 6oo. IP500 basic

Thanks For the reply

i FOUND THAT I HAD TO DIAL INT # AND NUMBER. cap lock on by mistake.

Thanks again

Panasonic have integrated hardware for intercom units, I am 100% sure you cannot use them on IP Office.
We do both brands and Most Panasonic systems we sell use the integated hardware as it is a lot cheaper to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back