Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I got this webpage at http://kick 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott203

Programmer
Jul 5, 2001
US
I got this webpage at
and when I load it in IE 5.5, i get the following error:

The Callee (server[not server application]) is not available and disappeared; all connections are invalid. The call did not execute.

It comes up as if it were a javascript error and I really do not know what it means, could anyone help? or maybe direct me to another forum if this isnt the right one, thanks...

Hi, I got the same error, and am working on finding a solution. Let me know if you have already figured out how to solve the problem, and if you want me to get in touch with you when I figure it out.

Tim

Looks OK in IE5.5 SP2. James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

And also in IE 6 for that matter.

scott-
I am using IE 6.0 and I keep getting the exact same error message that you are (The callee is not available...), except I get the message whenever I try to open second IE browser window. In fact, I can NEVER open a second window. What's the deal???? Thanks for your help in advance.

It seems to work for me!

IE 6
NT4 sp6 Troy Williams B.Eng.
fenris@hotmail.com

I got the same error in IE5.5 SP2, so upgraded to IE6 and still got the error. Try disabling your pop-up stopper, it works for me. I am surprised MS Technet doesn't mention it yet...

I encountered this when I tried to pass non-primitive JavaScript types (in my case, arrays) from the pop-up to the opener. I modified the code to pass delimited strings instead of arrays, splitting the strings into array objects in code running in the opener window. All was then fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back