Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I got text to blink, but I need to apply action to multiple fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentra52

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
I've researched and got my text to flash when the criteria is met ex(scheduled date = order date + 30 Then ...) the problem I'm having is that on my form, I have multiple dates for one person:

Trainee Course InitDate SchedDate Due Date

001 350 30 Sep 02 30 Aug 02 30 Sep 02
217 1 May 02 1 Oct 03 1 Jan 04
442 2 Apr 01 2 Apr 03 30 Apr 03
(when the Sched date arrive meets the design criteria for course 350, it flashes and the due date becomes visible)

I need to have multiple courses flash when they are within the criteria for that course on the same page.

I hope this is understandable and can be done. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sentra52 (TechnicalUser)

What you have posted is a limited bit of information.

Your form elements... how is the table beign diplayed?

How are you currently doing you flashing bit?

If each element is part of the recordset the form is based on then reference each record separatly and flash the result.

If you could expand on what you are currently doing I think I can be a bit more help.

UrbaneRove

Sorry, I'm still learning and I tried to keep it short.I'd send an example, but I'm on vacation and I won't get back into the office until next week.

My form tracks 250 individual's training. Each course has to be scheduled 30-90 days prior to the due date. My form for each person looks like the example I posted earlier. What I have is:
For coure 350, the trainee initally was trained on 30 Sep 02. In my form, when I enter this date, it automatically projects the scheduled date 11 months later and the due date(12) months later. When the 11th month arrives, the Scheduled date flashes on and off and the due date (hidden from view by setting textbox properties) becomes visable. This gives me a quick visual of that person's training status. Hope this makes it easier to understand...if not, I'll repost next week with an example db.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back