Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I got a new PC, assembled one and w 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITphile

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
IN
I got a new PC, assembled one and want to check the processor type and speed. I ordered for P 4 1.6 GHZ and check it out. pl. help me how to go about. Is there any tool to check or can it be check at boot up itself

TIA

Jicks

Jicks,

try the rpograms either LogInfo or Belarc. You can find them on the web and download them for free. They'll tell you exactly what speed your P4 is running at

Scotsdude

Scotsdude,

Thank you. Belarc is really amazing.

Jicks

I think Intel has a Utility that tells you what the processor is being reported as and what it really is. You may have to look around on their site.

They had a Windows version and a bootable version. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Ceh4702,

Yes I checked out that tool even before posting but I was not able dowload, some problem with their server.

Thanx for the posting

ITphile

For ceh4702 and ITphile, the program is called Intel Processor Frequency ID Utility.It downloads in a flash with anything but a 56K modem, and it's worth having. Just out of curiosity though, doesn't control panel>system>give you a screen somewhat similar? I know that my PC running Windows XP on an Intel P4 1600 slightly overclocked to 1790, in that same screen is reported that way.
But what the heck do I know, this is only my second computer. I bought a Gateway and didn't like how they cheese you on warranty and service,so I went ahead and built this bad boy, nothing crazy, but it obviously works.
[2thumbsup] [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back