Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I get these 2 errors when I try to include winuser.h 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

soas

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
Hello, I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6, I have one or two programs where I am trying to use winuser.h, mostly for the getcursorpos and setcursor functions, I know I can use afxwin.h for these, but I didnt wana use the mfc shared dll thing

I get these 2 errors when I try to include winuser.h

\include\winuser.h(39) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'HDWP'
\include\winuser.h(39) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

winuser.h has never been modified, its still how it has been since the day I got it with my visual c++ package, I dont understand this error, I know it must be something simple, do I need to include some other header before this one? that doesnt make sense I guess..

I didnt wana post the source in the header cause I figured it'd be a waste of time since its the origional file..

Does anyone else have this problem? I am very much a novice programmer and I dont know if I need to do something special to compile it or what.. Im stumped heh

Soas: You only need to #include <windows.h> Mike L.G.
mlg400@linuxmail.org

wow, that was easy, thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back