Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I found this "interesting"....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebenson

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
I read this story over the weekend, and thought you folks might be interested as well:

Here's the actual blog:

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

If I want to change the "flavor" of something, I add "salt", "pepper", or some other "spice" or even a "sauce". <grin>

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

See, that's the wrong way to do it. Mine's the right way. :p

<""Flavor"" has no specific meaning on it's [sic] own.

Well, my use of quotes around the word ""flavor"" is simply signifying that I'm quoting myself. Those are "metaquotes"--they're quoting a word used with quotes. (How meta can this discussion get? :))

Bob said:
Yer puttin me on.
(Maybe I should have put either "Will Rogers", "MetaQuote", or "<grin>" in quotes.)

Er, um, maybe it was
Will Rogers said:
I never met a man I didn't like.
Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Oh, now I get it. It's on the lines of "Ankh if you love Isis".

Oh, don't get me started on apostrophe abuse.

I still remember selling pianos for my local Steinway dealer, and my boss had painted on a new truck "Another load of fine piano's from Hammell Music!" I was mortified, and he wouldn't go to the cost of changing it. (That would have meant "reversing a Custer decision" to quote from "Little Big Man".)

My life would lose all flavor if I didn't rock out every night! Although, I keep an axe, and amp at work to jam on when Im having a beer. My Flying V gives me enough Quotes.
Hard core lexicographers here. There must be Dragons.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

I can't jam when I've been drinking beer. Only whisky for blues, and cold sober for classical.

Hmmmm,,, Whiskey. Nope, dont touch it. Although, I would like to try some fine Scottish brews. Not the "american" imports, but the real stuff.$$$$$!
Im not a musician, just a guitar player.
Johnny Winter, Ronnie Montrose, Ricky Derringer, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Alvin Lee, Jeff Beck. Those are my heroes.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Mine are Sonny Boy Williamson, Lonnie Johnson, Memphis Slim, Muddy Waters, etc. Of course, aside from a long list of people like Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back