Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I fail ICND1 three times.the final mark i got 799 score in 804 score. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

examcandidate

Technical User
Jan 31, 2011
AU
I am really disappointed for this exam .I study alot and also I am studying at RMIT university at melbourne ,Australia.I did also spend three months nearly for this exam.Please give me any advice???What kind of questions i need to study ? bosom booked exam question and real simulation questions also i have already studied..please help me?

I feel your pain. The questions have gotten so hard that I believe someone who earns a CCNA today knows the equivalent of what a CCNP or even CCIE was required to know five years ago.

Last time I passed the exam, it took over a year of studying. You must really read the question on the exam, and you have to read between the lines. The way Cisco asks the question is the hard part. Learning the material is tough, but not nearly as hard as interpreting the questions.

Good Luck. You CAN pass.

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

examcandidate,

You said you are working towards your CCNA, What are you using to study???

What books are you using? Do you have a lab for HANDS ON practice? Are you using any CBTs?

It is not a matter of "What Questions" to study, it is a matter of knowing the material like the back of your hand.

I have suggested here many times that students should use at least 2 good books to study, one being a Cisco Press book, Wendell Odom has a very good one. And the other being the Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd Lammle, you can get the latest edition at Amazon or pre-order his next one that is due out in May.

With these 2 different books you get different perspectives on the information.

You also need a Cisco lab of 3 routers and 2 switches to do HANDS ON LABS, as you read something in the book, go try it on your lab - look at the output. I think the best way to learn networking is to setup the routers and switches with 2 "cheap" PCs off of eBay and do END TO END NETWORKING !!!

Here is a link to a blog at Networkworld about setting up a home CCNA lab -

You can use a good sim or an emulator if you want but I think you get more out of HANDS ON with REAL Cisco equipment!!!!

Most books come with practice exam software, take a practice exam, look at where you are not doing well and go back in the books and LEARN that stuff, DO NOT TRY TO LEARN QUESTIONS!!!! Use the exam software to help you study !!!

I also love the CBTs for when you get tired of reading - CBT Nuggets is one of the best but it is not cheap $$$ :-( sometimes you can find good CBTs on eBay.

You also might look into a Cisco Network Academy - they are all over the world....

There is no magic, it is a very hard exam, you MUST know it and understand it very well, it is not just reading a book and learning questions, you have to do HANDS ON, HANDS ON and MORE HANDS ON !!!!

I hope this helps !!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Just to add to that, get hold of PacketTracer (5.3 I think is the current version) if you can. Use and abuse it as much as possible.

Hi CiscoGuy33,Dinktoy,Iolair.I have a lab and a student studying in the cisco academy subject at RMIT uni since six months.I am also practice with Packet tracer.I also practice by the boson Wendell Odom exam book. I buy also some question from boson Wendell Odom book about 500 questions i practice.I also know how to calculate subnet mask and broadcast add/network add.But still fail three times , So i feel depressed so much.

One other thought, and I don't know if it applies to Cisco or not. When I was working on my Novell CNE, if you failed the test, you could sign up and take it again almost immediately. You would, of course get a different set of questions. It just so happened that on one test I did that. I failed the first one, just barely. On the second test, they asked me the right questions, that is, the ones I knew the answer to and I passed. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw on the questions. You're so close - 799 out of 804 - please don't give up!

Iolair MacWalter
Network Engineer

The exams that you failed should give you a breakdown of what types of questions you're failing in, which will hopefully give you a good idea of what to study. I know most people who have difficulty with the CCENT mainly just need a stronger handle on subnetting, but that might not be the case for you.

CCNP, CCDP, CCIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back