Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I.E. incredibly slooooooooooow

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynindesign

Technical User
Sep 19, 2003
US
Internet Explorer with the latest service pack gets so slow that it's practically at a stand still. I went to add/remove programs and chose the repair option and it works somewhat better. So at this poit not sure what's changed and went to Mirosoft to check for update, I do, and I end up back where I started. I looked for a site to download hijackthis to show a log, but didn't locate a file download. I'm running Win98SE on 233mhz PentiumI, thanks, Cyn

Hijack This! can be downloaded here:
First, try the steps here: faq608-4650

If you still need to post a log, do so in forum760

Good luck.

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

FAQ608-4650 has a bad link, will download hijackthis. I've been using Spybot S&D for a long time, so it's not that, Cyn

cynindesign
A quick note that Spybot S&D 1.3 has recently been released, so I would download the new version and get its updates and scan with that before trying the HijackThis log route.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back