Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I don't understand this error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave007

Programmer
Sep 19, 2000
FR
Hi all

when I try to open any table in design mode from my database Iget the following error in a window :

[MS Design Tools] - Erreur ODBC : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Invalid column name 'allownulls'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'variable'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'prec'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1 : inccorect syntax near '!'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1 : inccorect syntax near '!'

I have encounter this problem recently, only one thing has changed before this happened : the database has been restored on another server (dedicated)

Is this when you try to open the database through Enterprise manager on the machine where the database was restored??

If so, what process did you go through to restore the database, and what settings did you choose??

You could try doing the restore again, or installing SQL Server again.

Simon

I just wonder if this is due to the other server being set up differently, such as a different sort order or charactor set. If you backup a database you can only restore it if both the source and destination installations use exactly the same parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back