Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I do not understand Ericsson. Ok. O

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalrl

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
I do not understand Ericsson. Ok. One IPA-Number should be used in only one MD110. Thatswhy you can not change the NIU to an other IPA-Number in a normal manner. But if I buy a new NIU, I can set it to every IPA I want. So for Ericsson the problem is still there. They can not prevent to use licences twice so far. This policy from Ericsson I do not understand. The only way would be to sell NIU/NIU2 with a stored Customer-IPA and without any possibility to downgrade. If they do not do this, than whosrdaddy can tell us the procedure and we all have less problems...

Agree totally !!

Mr Daddy , what is your answer as Damovo / Ericsson representative ?

I don't understand what the problem is/are

No one that want to be E/// Certified partner want to use
the same IPA number to more then one costumer.

you also have to get a license file from E/// also, at least for BC10/11/12 and this license file is made for this one costumer.

And no one af the Certified partners are cheating E///

So whats the problem.

One big issue is when you prepare several dumps after each other for several locations/customers and use the same NIU board for this. (and you don't have the IPA for a reference system)

Then you need the procedure to erase IPA and load a new one.

Hello

I think that if you are Certified by E////, then you also have a IPA for a refence system.

And if you have read all the postes then you know how to change IPA on both NIU and NIU2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back