Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I deleted Easykeys now my computer won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
In a never ending effort to rid my computer of unnecessary things, last night I deleted easykeys - which I read was for handicap user enhancements. Now my computer won't boot and says that it needs easykeys to run windows. Windows safe mode won't run so I can't get into the recycle bin to bring back easykeys. I can access dos. I did this and looked at the system.ini and config.sys, etc which all come up blank. I'd appreciate some help - I guess I got a little reckless in my cleaning.

What you need to do is install windows again. But if you can not access it then you need to do this. Put your startup disk in and run with CDROM support. Then pick the drive the disk is in ie D:/ then type setup this will then boot the setup file from the CDROM and from there install windows.It is a bit of a hassel but it is the easiest way to do it.

Having not specified what version of whindows you are running, I'd like to add that often for win9X you'll get complains that it can't upgrade the current version. To fix this, just rename the win.com and then install windows to the same location. This way it'll keep all your registry information and all programs will work.

For win2K/XP instead of re-installing do a repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back