Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I Cant see anyone on the Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
In our network everyone can see me but i cant see their computers. They are able to put stuff on my computer and take things off. How do i get it where i can see thier computers and acces thiers. I am able to get to the view workgroup computers but none show up.

yes we are all on the same workgroup. other xp users on the workgroup can see everyone, they can see me, but nothign shows up on my side. i can get into the folder of all the computers on the workgroup, but is there an option that hides teh computers?

Had the same problem last night at a customer site. It turned out to be that someone assigned static IP address to all the computers i.e. 192.192.192.1 etc. As soon as I assigned my laptop a similar statuc IP address I could see everyone and they could see me. Prior I was set to a dynamic address.

I am not a beginner and it blew my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back