Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cant reach the internet on 2 of 4 pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcclarin

MIS
Mar 20, 2006
US
I am not able to reach the internet (ping google.com) on two of 4 pcs. All 4 pcs are configured with static IP addresses. There were no changes made to the sonicawall or anything else. I am able to ping the gateway successfully from the 2 pcs that cannot reach the internet.

I was able to fix the problem by changing the static ip address to a dynamic ip and then I could reach the internet. I then put the pcs back on static ip addresses and I was still able to get to the internet.

I am not familliar with the sonicwall but I am guessing that something went wrong within the sonicwall and I hope someone can point me in the right direction so I can eliminate this from happening again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

You may want ot double check the default gateway. If they can get out w/DHCP it is more than likely going to be the gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back