Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't change config.sys 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

remix

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2000
GR
Hi there.

Is anybody knows how to change config.sys on winME
I change it and when I restart windows it gets back to zero.

Thanks.

This may be covered in a thread in 95/98 on a post I made 6 to 8 months ago. Had same problem with 98SE which is still unfixed but it isn't hurting anything. I don't remember the solution but the answer I got sounded like it would work. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

If you must....

Unofficial Real DOS-Mode Patch v1.3 16-bit [9 KB] modifies COMMAND.COM, IO.SYS (EBD) + REGENV32.EXE to allow Windows ME to boot to native MS-DOS 8.00 and use Autoexec.bat + Config.sys files, the Windows 95/98 style.

Hi all.
gshuster you are great.
It works fine
For greek language need some modification on autoexec and config to support greek.

Thank you.

Well, you are welcome.

Now if I could only get Windows Media Player 7 to stop crashing when running IE 5.5 I could smile again!

X-)

ghuster
Try Jet-audio
I use it and it never let me down.

buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back