Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can't apply debit notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2006
ZA
Hi there!
I need to apply debit notes but when i try to i get the following message:

- You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in process of posting.

I went to Routines > Batch Recovery. And there was nothing there. I need to apply a couple of debitnotes on different debtor ID's.
Please can someone tell me why I can't apply them and how i can fix it.

thanks;)

Hi

Did you post these debit notes in a batch? If so, you should go to Transactions > Sales > Receivables Batches and check if the batch is still listed there.

You may get the opportunity to select the batch from the list and print an edit list (i.e select the batch and click the print icon) to screen. If there were any errors noted when GP tried to post, they should be listed here.

Was this a big batch? If so, it may have taken some time to post, in which case it may be worth trying again.

Regards

Luke

HI THERE!

Thanks! But I did go to receivables batches and the batch is not listed there anymore.

Do you think I should try to post them again?

Maybe the batch posted to the GL and not through the GL. Check your Financial Transaction Batches and see if there are any RM batches there.

thanks!
But I did check under Financial Transaction Batches and I found nothing.

I had a look at RM20101(RM open file) and I found it there but when I go to RM20201 (RM apply open files)it is not there.

Maybe some of the documents got stuck while it was posting.

I dont know!

You could check in Enquiry > Transaction by Debtor to see if you can locate these transactions. Are they 'OPEN' or are they WORK? If they are OPEN do they have any apply information against them?

If you want to check the integrity of your data, you could always try running Check Links (of course, this would be done after a backup and with all users out of the system). If this doesn't work, you may need to recreate your RM Keys - you can get instructions for this on CustomerSource

Hope this helps

You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in process of posting"

I agree with ChildofNight...if you are still getting this error then you need to run a utility to fix it.

If checklinks doens't work, also try reconciling the RM document Utilities > Sales > Reconcile...

or with all users out of the system and a reliable backup, delete SY00800 from the Dynamics database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back