Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot receive alarm reporting from INADS port. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

betchy

Vendor
Apr 8, 2002
JP
Hi all,

I changed the system-parameter maintenance (OSS number, etc..). But the Definity doesn't report to OSS number when major alarm is generated and reset system.

Do I have another command set up in addition to the system-parameter maintenance?

Thank you.

Check out set options. But in R9 this command is available only for Avaya personnel :( In R8 it's available for dadmin.

Check set options. But in R9 this command is available only for Avaya personnel :( In R8 it's available for dadmin.

I don't know about it. thanks.
How can I check "set options" for R9 or R10?

And I have another problem.
I tried to command " test inads-link". but test alarms didn't generate from INADS port. Screen appear "Command successfully completed".
Of course I can remote this port.

betchy

How do you fill in the phone number?
Normally the Inads number is a direct outside line, so you do not need to dial an extra 0.
This is the way you should have set it up:

MAINTENANCE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS
OPERATIONS SUPPORT PARAMETERS
Product Identification:
First OSS Endpoint: 0301234567 Abbrev Alarm Report? y
Second OSS Endpoint: Abbrev Alarm Report? n
Alarm Origination to OSS Numbers: first-only
Cleared Alarm Notification? n Suspension Threshold: 5
Restart Notification? y
Test Remote Access Port? n
CPE Alarm Activation Level: major
Customer Access to INADS Port? y
Repeat Dial Interval (mins): 1

Hope this helps!

Michel.

Thank you for your help!

I know that I don't need to dial "0". INADS line is directory too.

I don't know what should I do about INADS setting up.
I think that I need to set up only "system-parameter maintenance".

betchy

1. If you can't access set options command then your PBX won't send any alarms because all minor/major alarms are downgraded to the warning level by default.

2. You should type OSS number as you would dial it from INADS line. If INADS line is internal extension of your PBX you should prefix the number by ARS access code (0 or 9 usually).

3. Check in ch sys ma the modem setup, especially type of dialing (pulse/tone) - it should comply to dial type of your INADS line.

Thanks,

I have checked "1" and "2". This is no plobrem.
But I didn't check about "3". because I use modem of internal.
I think that I cannot change the type of dialing .

Should I use external modem?

The internal modem supports pulse dialing only. So if your INADS line doesnt'it supoort it, you should use external modem.

I will try again using external modem.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back