Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot find Microsoft Exchange on my Windows set up list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirleyowl

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Hi, I want to set up a new email address for other members of my family but apparently need Microsoft Exchange.
I went to Windows set up and for some reason it is not in the list as I expected.
Can anyone advise. Do I get to download this, is it Free?
Else what do I do.
Shirleyowl

Exchange is a server product and requires a Windows Server before it can be installed. It is a separate microsoft product and costs serveral hundred pounds for the base license.

From your query I do not think this is what you need.

If you can explain what exactly you are trying to do maybe someone can help you.

Hi Chifu, What I was trying to do was to have my husband and grandchildren able to manage their own emails with their own addresses but not have to use WEBMAIL inside other progs e.g. Talk21 or Yahoo as it takes for ever to download messages that way. I am sure I can have other email addresses with my BTinternet connection and looked for ways to do this in HELP. It mentioned the microsoft exchange there.WEll I think it did. I certainly saw it in a help listing somewhere.
Would be grateful if you can help me set up these other email addresses. Thank you
shirley

Your emails are controlled by your ISP and you will have to check with them on pricing for additional emails. Some ISP's may give you multiple emails but you have to set them up with them since it comes through there domain.....Example: yourname@voyager.net

Drew

Ok I will try again, tho I am sure thats where I got the info. I thought BT allowed a few free email address.
Will go to the site again.
thnaks for taking the trouble to reply.
Cheers
:)

If they don't, go to and sign up for free email. They allow POP3 access to their mail server if you agree to receive a certain amount of spam. I've found that it's only a couple of messages a month and well worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back