Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I cannot dial a foreign IP Office extension from the Embedded Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerrard04

Technical User
May 12, 2019
MX
Hi to all, I need your support please

I have an Embedded IP Office auto attendant. My question is whether, through an integrated auto attendant, can a non-IP Office extension be dialed through the auto attendant menu, in this case a CM8 extension?
IP Office extensions start with the number 5
CM8 extensions start with the number 2
I attach the image.
Attendant_yed9qq.png

If I remember correctly, direct extension dial will only recognize the extensions/users on the system for embedded. You'd have to create users for each extension and then forward them to shortcodes that dial to the CM8. I mean there are other ways of doing this...but it's a pain in the rear.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Hi AACon
But to create a user for each CM8 extension, in my case are many CM 8 extension and furthermore it is also required to transfer to another CM7 PBX. Do you know if there is another solution for this requirement?
I tried with a transfer and at the destination I entered ????? because the extensions are 5 digits, also with 2XXXX but I was not successful

with a need like this I would suggest upgrading to Voicemail pro, which would be able to do what you require (although care would need to be taken to prevent VM fraud)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

Hi

It worked for me with embedded attendants. Extensions on foreign CM6 were dialable via ShortCodes, 2XXXX = Dial 2N in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back