Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

i cannot connect to my citrix server via nfuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevends

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
BE
i cannot connect to my citrix XP FR2 via nfuse from a remote site, when i try when i am connected to my lan intern evrything works fine, i opened the ports 80(xml) and port 1494 (tcp) ip but i have always the error that he cannot find my citrix server when i try for axample to open word or excel or access via citrix nfuse

can anybody help me

Hello!

From your quick description it sounds like a name resolution issue. See if you can either edit the hosts or lmhosts file on a client...or just connect using the actual IP.

Also, you may also want to make sure your firewall is redirecting those ports to the internal IP that the NFuse server is listening on.

Yet another approach may be to use some sort of client VPN solution that will place your clients behind the firewall with access to internal WINS or DNS, plus offer a higher level of security. Make your job a bit easier!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

this is not what i'm looking for , it need to work via a web browser

In the NFuse.conf file, set "AlternateAddress=On". On each MetaFrame server, run the "altaddr" command to specify its external IP address (public IP). On your firewall, you'll need to NAT each public IP to the private IP of each of your MetaFrame servers and then restart the IMA servers on each box.

Here's an example of what needs to be done on the firewall (using a Cisco PIX 515 OSv6.3.1)...

access-list 101 permit tcp any host 12.12.12.12 eq 1494
static (inside,outside) 12.12.12.12 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

To further secure things, run your web server over SSL and install the SSL Relay on your MetaFrame servers. We run NFuse on a Red Hat server using Apache, Tomcat, and OpenSSL.

ChrisP

i don't have a fixe ip address, i am using no-ip who gives me a hostname, like for example and a ISP gives me an ip address, but it changes frequently

steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back