Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can not solve this problem ! Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
US
I'm running Backup Exec 8.5 with on Win2000 attached to a ADIC DLT7 Autoloader. All my media shows up as cleaning tapes.

I don't have any cleaning tapes in the loader so why is it seeing all of the tapes as cleaning tapes ?

Please Help !

Thanks a Million

Are you sure all the slots are not specified as "CLEANING SLOT" Open BackupExec, click the "devices" tab, hilight "slots", right click one of the slots that should NOT be a cleaning slot, and choose "properties", is the "cleaning slot" checkbox checked? if so repeat process for all slots that should not be cleaning slots.

Only thing I can think of..... strange....

Mark

Yes... and after an inventory all the tapes come back as cleaning tapes. If I try to lable them then I get a fialed lable job because it thinks it's a cleaning tape as well.

You haven't answered Mark's question: are the slots marked as Cleaning Slots?

If that's not the problem:
Remove the tapes.
Stop Backup Exec services
Reboot the Tape Library
Restart Backup Exec services
Import the tapes
Inventory the tapes

-SQLBill

MEGAWICKED:

Stop all of the backup exec services > Go in to your veritas\backup exec\nt directory > rename only the pvl.mdb > copy a new pvl.mdb from the backup exec CD and past it back into nt directory > start all backup exec services (you will have lost your media settings but can always be replaced by renaming it back) > inventory all your slots

Hope this helps
Dog

MEGAWICKED: I forgot to add, before starting all BE services > remove the read only attribute from the pvl, as this file is going to be constantly written to BE. If it works, you will have to either recreate all your media settings ie media sets etc or you can try and repair the access DB (which is a pain the backside i reckon)

Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back