Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I can not dial out on a 406 v2 with 3.254 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipxman

Technical User
Apr 18, 2006
US
I have a 406 v2 with 5420 and 5410 sets with a PRI T1 and DID Numbers. When a DID call is ringing in no one can dial out. When you dial 9 nothing happens, and when you hit the speaker button or pick up the hand set you have picked up the incoming call. This is happening with their main number (coming in as a DID) and it is routed to the Main Hunt Group where the receptions answers all calls. I have users picking up the main number before the receptions answers, and DID calls that are not theirs. They are hanging up not realizing that they have answered the call. The customer wants this fixed.
I have secondary dial tone short codes set up and the users Line Appearances are set to no ring. I also have Dial Delay Count set at 0. I have Dial Delay Time set a 4000 ms.
Any Ideas?

Can you recieve two incoming calls at the same time via the PRI? Can you make two at the same time going out on the PRI?

IF no, check the line for the number of channels that are set up, and the groups they are set to, both incoming, and outgoing.

Also, check to see if the T1 has all of its channels turned up with the telco. I have seen them with only one channel turned up at porting before, numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back