Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I am using Frontpage 2000 to design a website and I need to username/p

Status
Not open for further replies.

matd

Technical User
Jan 31, 2000
US
I am using Frontpage 2000 to design a website and I need to username/password protect the pages that follow the homepage. How can I do this without using .htaccess on my web-presence provider's server? I also have to do it in a way yhat the password protected pages cannot be re-accessed via bookmarking once they are openned with the UN & PW.<br>
<br>
Any help will be greatly appreciated,<br>
<br>
MD

I dont know how but if you got an answer to this qustion I would be very happy if you mailed me the solution?<br>thanks/<br><br>MediaG

You can password protect the directory where the files are stored.&nbsp;&nbsp;Contact your ISP for information.&nbsp;&nbsp;Also there are some java applets for this purpose.<br><br>boxplan

you need an ISP that uses Frontpage2000. It will prompt you for name and password when you install first time<br>c. hoole<br>

What you need to do is create a sub web (sometimes called a child web) with FP, you can then password protect that entire web, although this is not the most secure way to do it.&nbsp;&nbsp;Sometimes your ISP will need to create the sub web for you then you can add your own users and passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back